- “Safe water supply is essential to life . . .”
- “Our needs for a safe, reliable water supply involve both issues of water quantity and quality.’
- “Long-standing interstate agreements for the . . . Watershed, to which we have been a signatory, have addressed water quantity and quality protection as essential to properly managing this key natural resource.” “[A]ny action that could vitiate the effects of these agreements would be unwelcome.”
- “[S]trongly supports the selection of an Alternative that prohibits the use of horizontal fracturing (hydrofracking) for natural gas development . . .”
- “[E]nough study on the technique has been done and information has been published to give us great cause for concern about the potential for degradation of the quality of our raw water supply as well as impact to the quantity of the supply.”
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers!